By committing to attend a 200 Hrs Yoga Teacher Training you are not only investing money, time and energy but you are investing in yourself at the deeper level. Being a good student on the Yoga mat is one thing, but outside the centre and off the mat you also are expected to show a right level of awareness, loving kindness to all to progress with Yoga.
Here is the brief information about 200 Hrs Yoga Teacher Training Course
Oceanic Yoga is registered Yoga School by Yoga Alliance, and our teachers are experienced and qualified to teach Yoga Teacher Training Courses and retreats. Oceanic Yoga helps students to learn, transform and spread their love and light to the world. Oceanic Yoga expanded to Thailand as well since 2012. We look forward to having you join us on one of our courses!
- Yogic warm-up with Suryanamaskar: Warm up your body with gentle exercises and Suryanamaskar before doing the asanas. It activates and stimulates essential elements of the body which include muscle, organ and tissue.
- Standing balance asanas: Get a strong foundation with balancing asanas and maintain solid grounding with physical stability, as these asanas boost confidence and empowerment.
- Sitting Poses, Forward Bends, and Hip Openers: Bring mobility and increase the flexibility of legs, hip joints, and ankles with these sitting poses. These poses allow students to learn correct placement of legs. Along with sitting poses, forward-bends are also essential which include cooling, quieting and introvert poses.
- Sitting Twists and Inversions: Twists act as a tonic for the entire visceral system; it improves circulation in spinal muscles and disks.
- Back Bends and Hand-Balancing: In this class, the focus will be on physical flexibility for enjoying the feeling of youthfulness and lightness in your body. Give strength to your shoulders, legs, and back with back bend asanas, as your body needs it for performing hand-balancing.
- Supine and Restorative Asanas: Give relief to your back pain, and boost flexibility with Supine asana. While restorative poses give calmness and relaxation to entire body and can be held for a long duration without any pain or stress.
- Anatomy: Yoga unites mind and body. A yoga teacher should be aware of inner workings of the body for knowing the impact of poses. The primary systems include skeleton system, muscular system, respiratory system, digestive system, nervous system, hormonal system and immune system. Anatomy involves the study of all these systems to make yoga safe and healthy.
- Yogsutras of Patanjali: Yogsutras is divided into four chapters: Samadhipada, Vibhutipada, Sadhanapada, and Kaivalyapada. Patanjali was the first person who introduced yoga practices in a comprehensive volume.
- Introduction to the History of Yoga, Different paths of Yoga: Understand yoga history with our best yoga teacher training programs in India. Knowing the origin of yoga is as important as practicing it. The aim of all yoga practices is the same- reduce sufferings and give a healthy life.
- Physiology: Three nadis: Nadi means current. There are 72,000 nadies which correspond to nerves as per science. Three important nadis are Pingla, Ida, and Sushumna. Sushumna is for enlightenment. Ida and Pingala go spiral around Sushumna and cross at chakra.
- Three nadi’s – Nadi means flow or current. Ancient texts say that there are 72,000 nadis in the psychic body, and these nadis correspond to nerves in the physical body recognized by science. The three most significant nadis are Ida, Pingla and Sushumna Nadi.
- Five Kosha’s and 5 Pranas -Understand five koshas namely annamaya, pranamaya, manomaya, vijnanamaya and anandamaya, and how to access them with yoga. Also, know about the functionality of 5 Pranas for achieving complete well-being.
- Seven Chakras and Kundalini Energy – In and out the flow of subtle energies happens through chakras, as they are energy channels. Learn their location and function, as every chakra has unique color, bija mantra and animal ruler. Kundalini is a spiritual power at the base of the spine. When kundalini awakens it passes through the first six chakras and merges into the seventh chakra. This is called union with the Divine.
- Shankhaprakshalana: Practice this deep cleaning technique as it involves synergistic cleaning asanas in sequence. It cleans entire gastrointestinal tract with salt water.
- Nauli: Stimulate and regulate your digestive system with Nauli. It massages the whole abdomen and stomach by rolling and contracting abdominal muscles.
- Basti: It stimulates Vata, cures lower intestine, colon, stomach, the intestinal disorder, gastric problems, rheumatic joint pains, chronic headaches, and thus shows its significance in yoga.
- Kapalabhati: Clean your respiratory system, nasal passage and remove spasm in bronchial tubes. Kapalabhati eliminates blood impurities through exhalation of carbon dioxide in a significant amount.
- Vamana (practicing of vomiting water): Purify upper digestive tract with Vamana for curing particularly constipation, gastritis, dyspepsia, indispositions of the stomach and spleen, phlegm and bile disorders.
- Jalenti: It means cleaning of the nose with water.
- Meditation – Meditation slowly, slowly turns into your enlightenment.You suddenly become aware one day, where is that darkness? where is that continuous rush of thoughts? where has the mind gone? Suddenly you are absolutely as hollow as a bamboo, but your hollowness is not empty – it is full of joy and full of rejoicing. You will dance for no reason at all, you will sing for no reason at all, songs that you have not composed, dances that you have not learned. They are just bubbling spontaneously in your consciousness.
- Ethics for Yoga Teachers: There is no shortcut in adherence to yoga ethics. A yoga teacher should stick with ethical guidelines in personal life, with students as well as outside the class.
- Yoga Teaching Skills:
A yoga teacher should –
- Understand major points of observation and demonstration.
- Gain hands-on experience in corrections and adjustments in yoga class.
- Get knowledge of anatomical structure for safe alignment and movement of the body.
- Gain yoga education and do yoga practice on a regular basis.
- Learn teaching skills like conducting yoga class, giving clear instructions and developing teaching style.
- Yogic Lifestyle and Yogic Diet: The food we eat has an enormous impact on our physical, mental and emotional states. Hence vegetarian food is preferred in training.
- Introduction to Ayurveda for a Healthy Lifestyle: Doshas depict the combination of mental, physical and emotional features. Our body will remain healthy if vatta, pita and kapha are in the balance. Understand your own dosha and adapt suitable diet for your dosha.
- Yoga as a business: Know business aspects of yoga and follow the ethical standard for making it a career. Learn ethical yoga business marketing strategies, networking, website, social media and register with Yoga Alliance.
Your admittance in the course is not enough to qualify for the Yoga Alliance endorsed Teacher’s Training Certificate. Full attendance at all classes and sessions, discipline, sincere behavior, willingness to study sincerely and passing all the exams with the satisfactory display of knowledge and performance is necessary.
Successful completion of the exam on teaching Yoga, pranayama, mudras, bandhas, and Meditation. Completion of a writing assignment.
Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions 100% attendance is mandatory. Missed classes, if any, must be rescheduled by you after the completion of the Teacher’s Training Course at an extra cost to you to qualify for the certificate. (certificate may delay).
If at any time you feel that you are not ready to take the exams and assessments, and your participation in the course is sincere and committed, please speak to the teacher. We will issue a participation certificate. If you would like to qualify at a later date, a suitable arrangement will be made.
Always be on time for all the classes. Respect the place where you practice yoga, meditation, and study about yoga. Keep the place clean and after using the mats or yoga props take them to their original place. No food, tea or other drinks are allowed in the Yoga Hall. You can only carry a water bottle and your small bag.
The evaluation will be done in an assessed yoga class conducted by each student and a written exam covering all theory and practical subjects will be given in the fourth week of the course.
Disciplined behavior is expected from the students. Rude or arrogant behavior with fellow students, teachers, and management will not be excepted. Be respectful to yourself and to others. Remember that you are on the path of yoga and meditation.
When you make the commitment to attend a four-week Yoga Teacher Training you are not only investing money, time and energy but you are investing in yourself at the deepest level. We urge you to make the most out of this wonderful opportunity. Being a good student on the Yoga mat is one thing, but outside the center and off the mat you also are expected to show a high level of awareness, loving kindness to all, and to follow some basic guidelines which are essential if you are to progress with Yoga.
During the training, do not use any kind of illegal drugs, including Ganga/marijuana, or legal substances like alcohol and cigarettes. Oceanic Yoga prefers to work with students who are committed to following a healthy lifestyle and who wish to set an example for others to do the same. Please inform the teacher of any existing health conditions and injuries prior to the course and classes. If any injury occurs during the course and practice, the school and affiliated teachers will take no liability for the student’s own responsibility to safety. Oceanic Yoga is safe but we advise to take care of your personal valuables and belongings. In case if you hire the bikes for the weekends we suggest to the students to drive carefully in India and Thailand driving is chaotic on the streets so please drive carefully and slowly and take care of yourself. If the students have to take leave during the course the fees cannot be refunded. Students should be on time for all the classes and 100% attendance is required. If you miss any class time due to an emergency, the missed classes must be completed at an extra cost to the student and according to the teacher’s availability. We will be taking pictures and videos during the training for the purposes of updating our website and social media and a method of evaluating and documenting the students’ progress. If you don’t want to participate in the pictures and videos kindly let us know before-hand and we will make sure to honor your request. We will introduce around five Osho meditations during the course, these meditation classes are active and students need to commit and participate fully in the sessions. These active meditations will prepare the students for further advanced silent meditation practices. If the student is already a qualified teacher or has experience and knowledge in yoga, please come with a beginner’s mind. Comparing this training with your previous training may be inhibiting to your learning process. Keep in mind that every school and teacher has a unique lesson to share.
This course is a foundation training course that introduces the essential aspects of Yoga. Even though this month will be allowing the student to learn, practice, teach and study further, keep in mind that yoga is a vast field and self-study is suggested. Teaching is an Art and it can be developed by regular practice and study, so keep up your practice and further studies after this course. A positive mindset will make this foundation training profoundly. Be total and sincere in your yoga practice and study; be in the present moment, in this way you will not only learn Yoga but you will allow transformation to unfold within you. Yoga is the path of transformation to heal the body mind and reaching to the state of meditation. In these 4 weeks, this intense yoga practice of asana’s, pranayama, kriyas, and meditation, will cleanse, heal, and prepare the aspiring teacher’s body-mind. It is natural to experience emotions which are stored in your body, in muscles, cells, organs, and genes to come to the surface. Students are requested not to repress or resist the process, yet also be mindful not to disturb other students and guests or teachers in your environment. Just be focused on the present moment and allow the negative field of energy to pass through the mind. Once this energy passes and if you are not attached then you are free from this negative field forever. Identification with the negative energy and sharing it with others is a hindrance to the healing process.
Rating: 5.0, Average Rating: 4.8☆, Total Votes: 3218, Total Reviews: 1134