200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Goa
Foundation Course to become an internationally Certified Yoga Teacher
To become a 100 hour yoga teacher training in India, you may enrolled in a yoga teacher training Course at Oceanic Yoga school in Goa. yoga teacher courses will act as a foundation course for you to become an internationally certified yoga teacher. During the course, participants experience life in a community of yogis, learn about asanas, alignment and adjustments, ayurveda and anatomy. Additionally, they become knowledgeable about the ethical responsibilities of a yoga teacher. The yoga teacher training at Oceanic Yoga School in Goa, India, provides a solid foundation for your yoga and meditation journey.
In addition to teaching yoga asanas, these courses include applied anatomy, yoga philosophy, meditation, various kriyas, pranayamas and detox techniques that can support your emotional healing along with body cleansing methods. We are one of the oldest schools and accredited to Yoga Alliance USA. A yoga teacher who has completed this course is eligible for certification. Other trainings also include a yoga retreat, which allows participants to practice Yoga, meditation away from the distractions of everyday life. Participants in these retreats enjoy early morning yoga classes in India, healing meditations, ayurvedic massages, naturopathy and mud therapies in our ashram.
Our 100 hour yoga teacher training in India is designed for students who are willing to apply themselves totally for their transformation. Ancient times yoga teaching was given in the way of guru discipleship environment as transmission. Similar opportunity is presented to the world in such a way that the comfort and convenience is provided to include the scientific advancement of human kind and yoga includes all and everyone. yoga means Union, it includes all.
All are welcome.
Oceanic Yoga School in India
Affiliated by the Yoga Alliance, USA
The natural view from the Oceanic Yoga Ashram is simply breath-taking. Our ashram is just ten minutes away from Morjim beach and is located on a hillock overlooking Arabian Sea. It is also home to a variety of birds. You will have a wonderful swimming pool from where you can watch the sun setting in the Ocean and it is one of the most beautiful view point for sunset in the entire Goa. The location is blessed with lush green nature where you can find lots of fruit bearing trees like mangos, guava, chikkus (Sapodilla Plums), coconuts, mangosteen, cashew nuts ,date palms,banyan trees, bananas and many more.
Some of our students describe the place as ” The Himalayas of Goa” as it holds the silence and serenity of the Himalayas and it is secluded but safe, just 10 minutes away from the beach.
Oceanic Yoga School is rated as one of the best places for Yoga Teachers Training and Yoga & Ayurveda Retreats in India. Here you will get all the support systems, techniques, knowledge, and guidance that you may need to become a confident and knowledgeable Yoga Teacher. The cottages are simply marvelous and are airconditioned. It has a balcony and many of our cottages provides view of Arabian Sea.
The food is vegetarian or vegan on demand. Ashram offers wellness activities and Ayurvedic treatments, Hydro therapy and rejuvenation therapies. This is an ideal place for spiritual seekers to explore the traditional Ayurveda and Yoga in India.
Are you looking for a profound and deeper transformation with in you? Want to take yoga beyond the mat? A life style change? Meeting the higher self within? If these thoughts are crossing in you then you are in the right place.
Do you want to learn yoga from authentic source? We are a group of committed and sincere people with more than 16 years of experience behind what we are offering
Teach With Confidence
Do you want to become a teacher who have the right teaching methodologies, skills, and knowledge to teach?
200 Hour Yoga TTC in Goa : Course Curriculum
What You Will Learn
- 30 classical hatha yoga asanas
- Half Primary series of Ashtanga Yoga
- Alignments and Adjustments
- Modifications and corrections as per individuals
- How and when to modify asanas?
- Yoga Nidra – Deep relaxation
- Learn to chant Mantras
- Bandhas and Purification Kriyas
- The four paths of yoga
- Body systems
- Difference between yoga and other physical exercises
- Injury prevention and cures
- Alignments, adjustments & modifications through the understanding of Anatomy
- Yoga and Lifestyle
- What is Ayurveda?
- Yogic diet
- Aim and meaning of yoga
- Five principles of yogic practice
- Four paths of yoga
- Eight limbs of Raja Yoga
- Three gunas – sattva, rajas, tamas
- Three bodies; physical, astral, spiritual
- Working of the mind
- Chakras and their relation to systems
- History, Origin of Hatha Yoga & other forms of Yoga
- Evolution of Hatha yoga tradition.
- How Spiritual systems evolved through time
- Psychology of a teacher
- Correction and guidance techniques
- Communication techniques
- How to create a proper class environment?
- The basic structure of a yoga class
- The basic structure of the beginner’s course
- Ethical Guidelines
- Ethical guidelines for a yoga teacher
- Different Meditations devised by Osho
- Meditations from the tradition Budha
- Cyclic Meditation, Yog Nidra
- Mediation inspired by George Gurdjieff
- Mantra Chanting and breathing meditations.
Note: – Choice of meditations vary based on group energy.
- Mud Detox Therapy
- Healing diet for the body-mind
- Special breathwork & healing sessions for Emotional release
- Meditation techniques focused for emotional healing
- Techniques for cleansing different elements.
200-hour yoga teacher training Outline of Syllabus
- Suryanamaskar: You will Warm-up your body with simple movements and Surya Namaskar before doing the asanas. It warms up fundamental body components, including muscle, organs, and tissue.
- Standing Poses: Standing poses are meant to provide you with strength and confidence while providing balance to your body. These help in alignment as well.
- Sitting Poses, Forward Bends, and Hip Openers: These asanas are designed to open up your joints and provide flexibility to your body while increasing strength and tolerance. In addition, these Asanas highly impact your body’s postures and internal organs.
- Sitting Twists Poses: The twist asanas are designed to benefit your spine. These asanas impact the whole framework of the body.
- Back Bends and Hand-Balancing: Challenge your shoulders, legs, and back with backbend asanas, as your body needs them for performing hand-balances. These poses aim to increase the strength of your shoulders, legs, and hands so that they can lift the body as and when required.
- Prostrate and Restorative Asanas: Improve your back flexibility, and increase adaptability with this asana. These postures give serenity and relaxation to the whole body, and stances can be held long-term with no stress.
- Introduction to the History of Yoga, Different paths of Yoga: Understand yoga history with our best yoga teacher training program in India. Knowing the beginning of 200-hour yoga teacher training yoga alliance is as significant as rehearsing it. The point is to understand the benefits of living the Yogic way of life.
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: Yoga Sutras are separated into four parts: Samadhipada, Vibhutipada, Sadhanapada, and Kaivalyapada. Patanjali was the one who presented yoga postures in a volume.
- Morals for Yoga Teachers: Meditation – Meditation assists with decreasing pressure and brings harmony and a feeling of bliss. Therefore, learning the correct meditation practice is essential to make the most out of it.
- Yogic Lifestyle and Yogic Diet:The food we eat tremendously affects our physical, mental, and passionate states. Thus vegan food is served in the course.
- Prologue to Ayurveda for a Healthy Lifestyle: Doshas portray a blend of mental, physical, and passionate highlights. Our bodies will stay healthy if vatta, pitta, and Kapha are well balanced. Comprehend your dosha and adjust a reasonable eating regimen for your dosha.
- Life structures: Yoga joins the brain and body. A yoga teacher should know about the body’s inward functioning to understand the effects of postures. The essential frameworks comprise the skeleton framework, muscle framework, respiratory framework, digestive framework, sensory system, hormonal framework, and immunity framework. Life structures include the study of this load of frameworks to make Yoga safe.
- Physiology: Three NadisNadi are nerves in the body. Antiquated Yoga messages say that there are 72,000 nadis in the body; the three most important nadis are Ida, Pingla, and Sushumna Nadi. Five Kosha’s and 5 PranasUnderstand five koshas, particularly annamaya, pranamaya, manomaya, vijnanamaya and anandamaya, and how to get to them with yoga. Likewise, think about the usefulness of the 5 Pranas for accomplishing total prosperity.
- Seven Chakras and Kundalini Energy: In and out, the flow of subtle energies happens through chakras, as they are energy channels. Learn their location and function, as every chakra has a unique color, bija mantra, and animal ruler. Kundalini is a spiritual power at the base of the spine. When Kundalini awakens, it passes through the first six chakras and merges into the seventh chakra.
- Jalenti: It implies cleaning the nose with water.
- Vamana: Purify the upper stomach with Vamana to restore abdominal health. It helps with clogging, gastritis, dyspepsia, incapacitations of the stomach and spleen, mucus, and bile problems.
- Kapalabhati: Clean your respiratory framework and nasal section, and eliminate fit in bronchial cylinders. Kapalabhati dispenses with blood contaminations through the exhalation of carbon dioxide in a critical sum.
- Basti: It balances Vata and fixes the lower digestive system, colon, stomach, intestinal issues, gastric issues, rheumatic joint torments, and persistent migraines.
- Nauli:Stimulate and control your stomach-related framework with Nauli. It rubs the entire mid-region and stomach by rolling and contracting muscular strength.
- Shankhaprakshalana: Practice this profound cleaning method as it includes synergistic cleaning asanas in succession. It cleans the whole gastrointestinal lot with saltwater.
- Yoga as a business: Introduction on how to start one’s own yoga studio, yoga classes?
Get Deeper Understanding
This 200 hour yoga Teacher Training course in India will provide you with a deeper understanding of the following subjects and skills:
Understanding the ancient philosophy of Yoga, concepts like prana, chakras, mind, karma, etc in an analytical and non-sectarian way.
Hatha Yoga and Ashtanga Yoga
Gain a deep understanding of the alignments, instructions, benefits, contraindications, physiology of Hatha Yoga poses.
Anatomy and Energy Anatomy
You’ll be learning how yoga poses affect our physical and astral bodies, can help improve our health, flexibility, and overall function of our organs. Understanding the advanced principles of human anatomy and physiology, enabling you to avoid injuries in your practice.
You will learn expert teaching techniques, the art of instruction, correction, and modification that develop the skills and confidence to teach others. You will understand how and when to assist a student & principles of sequencing.
Ready for the Plunge?
Our 100-hour Yoga teacher training in India is designed to give you valuable techniques, methodologies, and knowledge to develop and flourish in your yoga journey. Your confidence level will improve as you gain the right expertise to teach and inspire others. With these authentic, committed, and sincere transmission, you will adapt yourself to any given situations in life in class and outside by remaining grounded and connected with your higher self. Physical, mental and emotional well being is a natural outcome of your committed practice when you participate in our programs as it is designed to evolve human consciousness and health with mystical wisdom behind.
Upcoming 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Goa (2023-2024)
|Start Date||End Date||Room Per 2 Share||Private Room|
|5 Sep 2023||26 Sep 2023||€ 1,495||€ 2,040||Apply Now|
|28 Sep 2023||19 Oct 2023||€ 1,495||€ 2,040||Apply Now|
|21 Oct 2023||11 Nov 2023||€ 1,495||€ 2,040||Apply Now|
|13 Nov 2023||04 Dec 2023||€ 1,495||€ 2,040||Apply Now|
|6 Dec 2023||27 Dec 2023||€ 1,495||€ 2,040||Apply Now|
|3 Jan 2024||24 Jan 2024||€ 1,495||€ 2,040||Apply Now|
|26 Jan 2024||16 Feb 2024||€ 1,495||€ 2,040||Apply Now|
|18 Feb 2024||10 Mar 2024||€ 1,495||€ 2,040||Apply Now|
|12 Mar 2024||02 Apr 2024||€ 1,495||€ 2,040||Apply Now|
|04 Apr 2024||25 Apr 2024||€ 1,495||€ 2,040||Apply Now|
|27 Apr 2024||18 May 2024||€ 1,495||€ 2,040||Apply Now|
|20 May 2024||10 Jun 2024||€ 1,495||€ 2,040||Apply Now|
Note: The schedule mentioned above is a sample and can change on a batch-to-batch basis.
Why Choose Oceanic Yoga
One of the oldest Yoga School in Goa
Oceanic Yoga started its foundation in Goa in 2007, India. Many experienced Yoga practitioners and beautiful souls were drawn to the Ashram and joined Oceanic Yoga’s teaching team, and shared their knowledge with the best. More than 2500 students graduated through us.
Oceanic Yoga is a Registered Yoga School in Goa by Yoga Alliance, and our teachers are experienced and qualified to teach Yoga Teacher Training Courses and Yoga Retreats. Oceanic Yoga school helps students to learn, transform, and spread their love and light to the world.
Awareness, yoga, meditation, harmony, peace, and self-transformation are the qualities we uphold for the school and for our Yoga Teacher Training Students. The school professes that teaching yoga and meditation goes beyond just being a job or business, but rather a way of living. Teaching yoga is another way to instil one’s own yoga and meditation practice regularly. Yoga teacher training program is to deepen your learning and teaching abilities and developing yourself as a more rounded and grounded teacher and person. We can embrace the fact that we are both the student and teacher at the same time. To be a teacher is a great responsibility and necessity to our world that need great teacher more than ever. Millions of people are groping in the dark and suffering with psychological and emotional challenges, unaware of the opportunity that yoga and meditation practices bring to focus life perspectives towards the positive. Now, the world is going through critical time where intense vibrations seem to overwhelm our potential inner calm. Through the practice of yoga, we can become the eye in the storm and dedicate our attention, intention and focus to resonate with positivity within us and let it spread unconditionally to those that come to us to learn, take refuge or be inspired.
Experienced Yoga School
Oceanic Yoga School is an experienced yoga school providing professional yoga education since 2007 in the traditional systems of Ashtanga and Hatha Yoga. We have the best and ideal Yoga Ashram in North Goa for anyone who want to experience the beauty and luxury of nature along with Yoga, Mediation, Ayurvedic Massage, Swimming Pool with Ocean view and delicious and variety of vegetarian Indian dishes without the hotness of chilies. 🌶️
2500+ Yoga Teachers Certified
Over 2500 students got trained through us since 2007 and thus gained proficiency in designing impactful courses and how to deliver it to the aspirants in the perfect way and format. Many of our students are running yoga studios successfully in their own countries.
Oceanic Yoga School in Goa is located on a small hillock overlooking Arabian Sea with a swimming pool having a feeling of infinite sky and ocean meeting each other. The cottages are with balconies and are air-conditioned whole property is surrounded by lots of trees and still just 10 minutes from the beach.
Authentic, Committed, and Sincere
Yoga Teachers and Meditators
We are a small group of people who are committed their life for self-growth and yoga and we believe that spreading yoga and meditation is one of the best things we can do in the world to participate in collective consciousness upliftment.
Our Core Values
Is This Course For You?
Our Yoga Ashram
Oceanic Yoga Ashram India Goa
A registered Yoga school (RYS) in India is an opportunity to learn about the ancient practice of Yoga and its many benefits. One of the most beautiful places to train to be a Yoga teacher in India is Goa. The state is famous for its bohemian vibe, reflected in the Oceanic Yoga Center, where a 200-hour Yoga TTC can be completed. Expert gurus guide students on their way through the instructive path. Most programs are conducted at our ashram which is surrounded by fascinating landscapes and natural beauty. It is an ideal location away from the city and stressful modern life.
The natural view from the Oceanic Yoga Center is simply breathtaking.
The training for yoga teacher Goa is located in a beautiful location, just ten minutes away from Morjim beach.
It is also home to a variety of birds. So the best yoga teacher training India is the perfect place for you to practice Yoga and live a healthy lifestyle.
Oceanic Yoga Center is rated as one of the best places for Yoga Teachers Training and Yoga & Ayurveda Retreats in India. Here you get all the amenities you need to train to become a Yoga teacher. With eco-friendly rooms and healthy vegetarian food, this is an ideal place for spiritual seekers to explore the traditional Ayurveda and Yoga in India. The food is vegetarian or vegan (on demand).
Swami Krishna Saraswati
Gis George (Jiska)
Worldwide Accredited Certification
With our certificate, you will be qualified to teach yoga worldwide. We are accredited with Yoga Alliance USA and this certificate will enable you to register yourself with Yoga Alliance USA. You can start teaching yoga globally once you complete your 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training.
How to Register?
Become an Internationally Certified Yoga Teacher in 22 Days
With our certificate, you will be qualified to teach yoga worldwide. You can become a member with yoga alliance by registering yourself in their website. The registration process is self explanatory and we will guide you through the process.
Read What Our Students Are Saying
Choose 200 Hour Yoga TTC Package
Most frequent questions and answers
Your Program includes your course fees, your accommodation charges, charges for 3-time meals.
We encourage you and your colleagues to focus on themselves during this intensive course you are participating and hence we strongly discourage any pets in the campus.
All our rooms in Goa ashram, both single and double rooms are air-conditioned and have an attached bathroom. All the bathrooms are connected to solar heated water connection. You are expected to bring all your toiletries, personal care, and towels by yourself. Even though we provide towels we recommend you also have it handy with you.
Ashram provides common washing machine access free of cost. You are expected to wash your laundry by yourself. Washing machines are for all ashrmites and one must be attentive and careful in handling them.
Yes, we have 3 free wifi points spread around the ashram campus.
We are strictly vegetarian and will not allow any non-vegetarian food inside the campus.
Strict NO for alcohol or any kind of smoking inside the campus. One may be asked to leave the course if found doing so.
Goa have two airports, Goa Dabolim International Airport(Old Airport – Approximately 2 hour drive from the ashram) and MOPA international airport (North Goa airport -New airport Approximately 1 hour drive from the ashram ). Once your course is booked and confirmed please contact us and we will assist you with taxis.
This course is taught in basic English because the students come from all over the world. If you can read an English magazine, you will be able to follow the course.
Everyone has some challenges, it is normal. Our teachers will teach you how to work with different challenges. It is also important to understand that discipline in daily practice is more important than achieving a perfectly flexible body and doing complicated asana postures.
Our 100 hour and 200-hour programs are designed for beginners who are willing to put their efforts to learn and go beyond their expectations about themselves.
There are no age limits as long as your body and mind is willing for the challenge ahead.
It is not mandatory that you need to read many books on yoga before you arrive. You will be provided with enough information hand outs once you are here. However, we have provided many valuable information in our knowledge centre. Please visit oceanicyoga.com and read.
We will be providing yoga mats and props for use. However, if one feels like doing yoga in once own mat, please carry them with you.
Yes, you will be awarded with a certificate post successful completion of this course. You must clear the exams designed for the same. However, one who is following the discipline and guidelines of the school will clear the exam. Requirement of attendance in each class is 100%. So far 99% of our students could clear the exam.
Yes, we do conduct meditations almost all days of the course. You will get exposure to many different meditations so that you can practice them on your own back home.
To register as an RYT 200, please go to the Yoga Alliance website and follow the registration process and pay their membership fees. During the process, you will be asked to upload a copy of your certificate issued by us. Once you have completed the application, we will receive a notification to check and verify your application. Once we verify, you will be registered.
This is a simple process.